Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Korean President Hold Extensive Meeting and Official Talks
Published on October 22, 2023
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia, welcomed the President of the Republic of Korea, Yoon Suk Yeol, in a significant meeting held at Al Yamamah Palace in Riyadh.
A grand official reception ceremony was organized in honor of the esteemed Korean president, setting the tone for a constructive and productive dialogue.
The discussions between HRH the Crown Prince and the President of Korea encompassed a wide array of topics, cementing the strong bilateral relations between their nations. The meeting kicked off with a warm welcome from HRH the Crown Prince, extending his hospitality and well-wishes to President Yoon Suk Yeol and his accompanying delegation. In response, the President expressed his gratitude for the gracious reception they received.
During the extensive meeting and official talks, both sides undertook a comprehensive review of their existing ties. Their discussions also revolved around collaborative efforts aimed at boosting cooperation across various sectors, harnessing the available resources in both countries for mutual gain. Additionally, the leaders delved into regional and international developments and issues of common concern. These discussions also touched on the progress and initiatives undertaken to address these matters.
The meeting and official talks saw the attendance of several distinguished figures, including Minister of Energy Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Minister of State and Member of the Cabinet Prince Turki bin Mohammed bin Fahd bin Abdulaziz, Minister of Sports Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki bin Faisal bin Abdulaziz, Minister of Interior Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz, Minister of National Guard Prince Abdullah bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah, Minister of Culture Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan, and various Saudi ministers, along with the Korean President’s accompanying delegation.
Subsequently, HRH the Crown Prince and President Yoon Suk Yeol presided over the signing ceremony of several bilateral agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoUs). These agreements aim to deepen cooperation and understanding between Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Korea. The key agreements signed include:
- Strategic Partnership Council: A memorandum of understanding was signed between the government of Saudi Arabia and the government of the Republic of Korea. This agreement was co-signed by Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs, Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah, and Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs, Park Jin.
- Hydrogen Oasis Initiative: An agreement for cooperation in the field of green and clean hydrogen, was signed by the Saudi Minister of Energy, Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, and the Korean Minister of Trade, Industry, and Energy, Bang Moon-kyu.
- Visa Exemptions: An agreement between Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Korea to mutually exempt holders of diplomatic, private, and official passports from short-stay visa requirements was signed. This agreement was co-signed by the Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs, Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah, and the Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs, Park Jin.
- Statistical Cooperation: A joint statistical cooperation program was established between the General Authority for Statistics of Saudi Arabia and Statistics Korea (KOSTAT). This agreement was co-signed by the Saudi Minister of Economy and Planning and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the General Authority for Statistics, Faisal bin Fadel Al-Ibrahim, and the Korean Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Finance, Kyungho Choo.
- Food and Drug Cooperation: A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between the Saudi Food and Drug Authority and the Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety to enhance cooperation in the fields of food and medical products. This MoU was co-signed by the Saudi Minister of Health and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Food and Drug Authority, Fahd bin Abdulrahman Al-Jalajel, and the Korean Minister of Foreign Affairs, Park Jin.
These agreements mark a significant step towards strengthening the diplomatic, economic, and cultural ties between Saudi Arabia and the Republic of Korea, fostering a bright future of collaboration and mutual benefits.